This book presents the essentials of gas monitoring instrument technology for plant engineers, systems designers, safety and environmental health directors, industrial hygienists, technicians, and instrument vendors in petrochemical, semiconductor, chemical, healthcare and related industries.
Publication: October, 1999
Format: Hardcover 8" x 10"
Pages: 272 pages
New List Price: $40.00
Call IST at 1-949-452-9000
Turn to this lavishly illustrated, full-color guide and quickly grasp the basics of gas monitoring instruments for area air quality and safety applications! It's got everything engineers, designers, and safety officers need to determine the right instruments for the job, clearly presented for quick, efficient understanding and easy reference.
Non-specialists in particular will benefit from the scores of essential technical definitions and health and fire safety terms, as well as explanations of the toxicity and combustibility of gases and how to monitor them. Five clearly written chapters cover the full range of sensors most commonly used for gas monitoring applications, including sensor type, operating characteristics, and typical uses - as well as the pros and cons of using one sensor instead of another. In addition, ten other analyzer technologies are discussed, providing readers with an understanding of their operating principles and their applications. An illustrated color graphic, "Sensor Selection Overview," gives a birds eye view of gas analyzing technology.
Choosing the proper monitoring devices and deploying them correctly is faster and simpler than ever with this unique gas technology resource. This one-of-a-kind handbook provides detailed roadmaps for implementing the devices, showing which sensor to use for different applications, designing and laying out a gas monitoring system, and calibrating and maintaining the system.
- Visually stunning presentation. Illustrates key points with superb graphics and artistic page layout, with "sidenote" explanations
- Step-by-step guide provides all the information needed to select the right instrument for each type of application
- Gives sufficient information for a process engineer or plant manager to design a complete gas monitoring system
- Includes technical guides for checking and maintaining gas monitoring systems
- Colorful appendix allows instant look-up of key characteristics of 384 relevant gases
- Includes easy-to-understand treatment of the theory of sensor technology as well as the practical aspects